Thursday 20 May 2010

I love....

I am hugely interested and influenced by interior design, though i mainly study fashion i can not lie that interior design has the biggest place in my heart. This is what fore most attracts me to visual merchandising, its about the combination between fashion and space, using a space to display beautiful clothes and to create almost a work of art. I am always looking out for the different ways in which people display there work, as i believe it is the most important part of many artistic professions. There is no use in having a beautiful design if you do not utilise its surroundings.
One of the most reasont examples i have come across is the designs by Catherine Colebrook.

I love how she has turned a simple selection of bed linen and pillows in to some a lush picture just by adding flowers and a shops kitch 'open' sign and placing the whole thing into what appears to be the garden. It has definitely had an impact on me for my own work and given me some ideas for my current portfolio.


This is such a simple yet lovely idea, just to hang up her product on a washing line, i love it when people attach things to washing lines, i think it adds such a make shift, traditional quality to it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment